Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America!
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
In this position, you will lead and set the strategic vision for our Marketing and Communications team. You will have the opportunity to build brand awareness, develop business development communications for our target health system audiences, and work with a team of talented marketing professionals. This opportunity allows for collaboration across the organization including working with cross-functional teams and other key functional staff to understand business issues and requirements to assess and design, in collaboration with senior management, effective short and long term process improvements and solutions for our marketing strategy. This position will report to our CEO.
Role Responsibilities Include:
- Brand Awareness—Internally and externally build the brand through multiple touch points; oversee ongoing market research and brand awareness over time; develop brand identity manual and key messaging; ensure consistency of the brand among all external-facing outreach.
- Communications—Lead all external communications to include press releases, media relations, speaking engagements, publications; serve as the key point person for crisis communications as necessary; oversee internal communication and outreach to existing organizational talent to ensure engagement and retention (both clinical and nonclinical); develop and maintain the company’s social media policy and activity.
- Recruitment/Talent Management Marketing—In conjunction with head of Talent Management, develop the unique selling proposition for physicians/advanced practice clinicians; working within the established budget, develop the optimal marketing plan to increase awareness of and preference for CEP/MedAmerica among prospective physicians and advanced practice clinicians; oversee all aspects of multi-channel marketing to hospitals, including trade shows/conventions, print and digital advertising, print and digital direct mail, social media; manage market surveys of both external and internal talent to identify trends and measure awareness/preference/engagement
- Business Development Marketing—In collaboration with Chief Business Officer, develop unique selling proposition for hospital/system audience; working within the established budget, develop optimal marketing plan to increase awareness of and preference for CEP/MedAmerica among prospective clients; oversee all aspects of multi-channel marketing to hospitals, including trade shows/conventions, inside sales calls, print and digital advertising, print and digital direct mail, social media; assist sales team throughout all phases of the sales process, including nurture program, proposal and presentation development; support individual members of the sales staff as needed, including attending sales meetings and training sessions; manage market surveys of both external and internal clients to identify trends and measure awareness/preference/engagement.
- Marketing Department Leader—Lead all individuals and functions within the marketing communications department; manage and motivate staff, including hiring, terminations, performance management, etc.; identify and employ the team’s unique strengths; serve as a mentor to continually develop the team into a highly engaged and effective first-class marketing department
- BA/BS in business, marketing, communications or other related function; MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in B2B marketing.
- 15+ years of leadership experience managing diverse marketing professionals and functions.
- Healthcare background strongly preferred.
- Experience serving as member of executive leadership team.
- Ability to track and interpret data.
- Strategic thinker with ability to turn abstract goals into tactical, executable plans.
- Experience managing budget.
- Ability to make decisions under sometimes ambiguous circumstances.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an equal opportunity employer.
- Company Name:
- MedAmerica, Inc.
- CEP America
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: