Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
What We Are Searching For:
We are looking for a professional who can work independently in a hospital setting located in the Psychiatry division at John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek and Concord, CA. If you have prior hospital or medical office experience, are resourceful, organized and have a can do attitude, we have the job for you!
This role is responsible for helping to improve and sustain daily operations including billing functions and usage of the electronic charge capture tool, along with other administrative tasks as requested. This role will work as a liaison between CEP, MedAmerica, MBSI, the hospital and medical staff to ensure provider and patient excellence. This role will promote CEP and Med America culture and support practice growth and success.
This job is vital to the success of our client’s practice and demands flexibility, a customer-focus, organization and a knack for details.
This position is a full time position. Including some weekends if requested.
This role will also support both John Muir, Walnut Creek, and John Muir, Concord.
Here’s How You Would Support Our Psychiatrist Client:
- Administrative support to Medical and Regional directors.
- Coordinate monthly physician call schedule and send to medical records, answering service, and MedAmerica on a timely basis.
- Track, compile and submit payroll for physicians and staff.
- Actively participate in group calls and other means of communication with site coordinators, promote team relationships. Be willing to cross-cover if needed.
- Coordinate timely reporting of the incentive quality metrics per contract to the Medical and Regional Directors.
- Coordinate answering services; distribute schedule and changes to the hospital units and departments.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations set up and fulfill Performance Improvement goals.
- Learn electronic charge capture tool and use it in a most efficient way. Become a super user.
- Track active patients, verify daily active list.
- Check all charges for accuracy, duplications, verify account numbers for auto uploads, verify admission and discharge dates.
- Create and distribute daily Patient Census. Reconcile night admissions, verify physicians’ assignments. Notify PCPs of all admissions and discharges. Use Ingenious Med when applicable.
- Verify PCPs and provide physicians with accurate information.
- Fill out daily productivity log, when appropriate.
- Be involved and actively participate in hospital transition of care programs.
- Help coordinate interviews for provider candidates.
- Serve as liaison between Psychiatristrecruiting and new provider, receive new provider paperwork and help ensure all items are met for the new provider including documentation, name badge, access codes, IT access, keys, mailbox and locker.
- Remind providers when certifications are due to be renewed, ensure current copies of certifications and licenses are sent to Trauma Services, Medical Staff Services and MedAmerica Credentialing.
- Assist provider with hospital compliance requirements, including completion of additional certifications (ACLS, BLS, PALS, ATLS, etc.), trauma-related CME requirements, e-learning, annual physical examination, and testing.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile:
- College graduate preferred.
- 2-5 years of related experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, work in stress environment.
- Previous healthcare and medical terminology experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in writing.
- Self-directed, motivated, and sensitive to deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills. Able to create positive environment, clearly understand client / customer relationships, and promotes CEP positive image.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: Whether you report to the central office in Emeryville or work remotely, MedAmerica is happy to meet you halfway with commuter benefits or home office support.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek
- CEP America
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: