Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The HR Compliance Manager will work collaboratively with the enterprise Compliance Team and be responsible for implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of regulatory compliance activities and programs, ensuring they meet strategic business objectives within our Enterprise Business Operations (“EBO”) division. EBO is a new division for the company where we are restructuring Enterprise HR & Finance operational activities into a shared service model. This candidate must have experience transforming meaningful change in a large organization and with Human Resources operations or compliance. This role is highly focused on working with internal and external stakeholders to continuously evaluate programs and process flows to drive operational efficiencies so that HR compliance objectives are met. This compliance role will have a particular focus on program excellence, data integrity, process improvement, risk mitigation and compliance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Implement EBO Compliance & Risk Management Program (70%)
- Partner with Compliance Team to implement a company-wide strategy and approach to align HR compliance requirements with employment practices and business objectives
- Lead evaluation and implementation of standard operating procedures and systems needed to comply with regulatory requirements
- Monitor known risks, internal control effectiveness, and the remediation of process deficiencies
- Develop, implement and maintain systems for HR compliance documentation for EEO-1 electronic filing, 5500s, OSHA, Wage and Hour laws and SOP documentation and postings
- Collaborate with the Compliance and Information Security teams to perform annual compliance risk assessment and develop joint annual workplan.
- Lead HR effort to complete annual compliance workplan initiatives and partner with Compliance team to establish performance metrics and reports to enterprise leadership and compliance committees.
- Provide guidance on interpretation and application of existing and new regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders when specific compliance issues arise.
- Perform research in emerging HR compliance subjects and issues as requested.
Education, Training and Change Management (15%)
- Ensure ongoing education and training of internal business partners on risk and compliance related topics in response to ongoing or new legal and compliance requirements and in remediation of compliance issues.
- Work with change management to roll out and communicate new policies.
- Partner with the EBO functional leaders (People Operations and Service Delivery) and the Compliance team to roll out company-wide compliance programs.
- Provide recommendations for continual education and improvement.
Audit and Investigation Program (15%)
- Work with Compliance and Information Security teams to develop HR enterprise employee complaint investigation program using jointly shared incident management processes, tools, and other resources.
- Audit current employee handbooks and HR policies and update with latest enterprise policies.
- Perform random compliance audits on all HR processes.
- Manage audit, performance metrics, and reporting processes including coordination between functions and groups internally and externally.
- Oversee follow up and remediation on findings/recommendations from audits.
- Manage HR compliance direct report(s) (Ongoing)
- Bachelor’s Degree Required Minimum
- 6-8 years progressive HR operations and compliance and policy experience
- Seasoned skills to ensure successful adoption of the future state ensuring staff are highly productive in the future state where new processes and tools have been introduced.
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and present compliance data to leadership
- Demonstrable experience in strategic execution
- High level leadership experience with the ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Experience with human resources operations and/or compliance
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- MedAmerica, Inc.
- CEP America
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: