Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
Coordinates operations for CEP America’s centralized Peer Review Program, which includes the Credentials and Partnership Affairs Committee (CPAC), the Risk Advisory Committee (RAC) and their related programs and projects. Provides analytical and specialized administrative support to relieve RAC and CPAC chairs of complex details and advanced administrative duties. Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data, and prepares reports/recommendations. With guidance from the Partnership Affairs Supervisor, provides administrative support to all committee-related activities including meeting logistics, content preparation, follow-up items, taskforces, and wellness events. Along with the Partnership Affairs team, serves as a liaison between governance and operations for CEP America providers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Responsible for coordinating all logistics for CPAC/RAC meetings, including scheduling, timelines, attendance, travel arrangements, facility preparation, and catering
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating CPAC/RAC timelines with team members, committee members, contributors and attendees, ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Work closely with Credentialing and The Mutual to collect and analyze provider data in order to identify providers of interest for committee review
- Responsible for meeting content preparation including agendas and packet materials
- Drafts detailed and accurate meeting minutes and consent calendars in accordance with established best practices and guidelines while meeting deadlines
- Compile and send official committee correspondence to affected providers informing them of the committees’ recommendations/decisions
- Responsible for conducting follow-up for, and tracking the status of, pending action items from committee meetings and related taskforce/workgroup meetings
- Perform timely and accurate data entry into relevant databases to reflect provider status changes approved by CPAC/RAC/Board
- Responsible for tracking completion of any specific provider requirements made by committee, and facilitating penalties as needed
- Responsible for ensuring all CPAC/RAC members and participants sign the appropriate confidentiality agreement and that all signed agreements are saved in the appropriate filing location
- Provide support for CPAC wellness programs, including CPAC Wellness Booth with Health Testing, CEP Community for Wellness and other ad-hoc wellness initiatives
- Assist Partnership Affairs Program Administrator in coordinating with Meetings & Events and vendors to plan and execute all aspects of the CPAC Wellness Booth for Spring Symposia and Partnership Meetings, including vendor services, content and materials inventory, communication with all stakeholders, and timely completion of deliverables within the established deadlines
- Coordinate logistics for peer reviews, mediations, fair hearings and related activities, providing administrative support as needed while maintaining completely confidentiality
- In conjunction with Partnership Affairs team, communicate with Committee Chair persons to ensure that they are fully informed on matters of importance to the committee
- Escalates peer review or dispute resolution matters to committee supervisor, committee chairpersons, and/or legal counsel when appropriate
- Make consistent efforts to streamline and process improve where possible in order to optimize the timeliness and quality of committee operations
- Ensure committee-related content is reviewed regularly and kept up-to-date
- With Partnership Affairs team, act as liaison between RAC, CPAC, CEP Board and CEP America Executive Leadership
- Participate in committee member/participant informational orientations
- Provide support to ad-hoc CPAC/RAC related projects/taskforces as needed
Our Ideal Candidate Profile…
- College Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of administrative support.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Excellent client service skills, including issue resolution skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Organized and flexible individual able to effectively manage timelines and perform multiple tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to edit and proofread own work and that of others
- Ability to keep impeccable records and to sustain strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to execute complex verbal and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to handle detailed work accurately and quickly
- Ability to interact in person, over the phone, and with electronic media with a courteous and professional demeanor
- Ability to do creative problem solving in the moment while under pressure and in the presence of clients
- Detail oriented individual with proven successful ability to work effectively under conditions requiring speed and accuracy
- Demonstrated self-learner interested in continued professional development and personal growth
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and intuition in sensitive situations, discerning the appropriate level of information to share and escalating matters when necessary
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- MedAmerica, Inc.
- CEP America
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: