Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketerswe help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
What We Are Searching For:
The Medical Assistant under the supervision of the clinic physicians and Back Office Supervisor prepare the patients for evaluation and treatment. This person will also perform clinical procedures in accordance with licensure to include: injections, venipuncture, EKG, tray set-up, application of bandages, surgical assisting, and accurate testing/screening of specimens. The ideal candidate enjoys providing each patient with an excellent experience.
Here’s How You Would Support CEP America:
- Triage, vital, and room patients
- Facilitate patient flow and insuring smooth running of the back office.
- Prepare patients for physician evaluation.
- Assist physician in evaluation and treatment of the patient.
- Administer medications/injections under supervision of the physician.
- Perform ordered procedures, EKG, injections, tray set-ups, assist physician as needed.
- Dispense medications.
- Have knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding of nurse procedures
- Monitor inventory for expiration and ordering of supplies
- Assist in answering phones and taking accurate messages
- Perform patient call-backs for lab results, physician requests, and patient inquires.
- Run all lab procedures assigned (strep, CBC, drug screens, etc.)
Key Competencies / Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Prior employment in private physician’s office or group practice setting.
- 1-3 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant, Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
- Limited X-Ray Tech certification, a plus.
- Current CPR certification.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: Whether you report to the central office in Emeryville or work remotely, MedAmerica is happy to meet you halfway with commuter benefits or home office support.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- CEP America
- San Jose, CA
- Urgent Care
- Employment Status:
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: