Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The Senior Counsel is an exciting opportunity that will give you the chance to work within a department which is working on an interesting scope of work while delivering results for a dynamic and innovative organization.
As part of the Legal & Compliance Department, the senior counsel provides legal advice and counsel to CEP America, MedAmerica, Inc., and their subsidiaries on health law regulatory and transactional matters. This position is responsible for providing timely, practical, and expert legal advice on business counsel and ensuring compliance with legal requirements, minimizing enterprise risk, and protecting the organization’s reputation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Health Law and Regulatory Counseling:
> The Senior Counsel is responsible for providing legal advice and recommendations to initiatives and projects developed in response to client’s strategic objectives and business needs.
> The position works as a strategic partner with senior leaders.
- Contract and other legal document review:
> This Senior Counsel drafts, reviews, and/or negotiates various legal transactions and documents, including payer agreements, data use agreements, software licenses, mergers and acquisitions, and regulatory filings.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile:
Although the attorney manages work independently, he/she must also work effectively in a team environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be in good standing with the California State Bar.
- Have at least 10 years of significant business and health law experience, primarily and independent responsibility for significant health care transactions (preferably as an attorney in a mid-to-large size law firm or large corporate legal department).
- Have expertise in health plan/payer contracting and health care regulatory issues (e.g., fraud and abuse, Stark/self-referral, and privacy and security).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex legal concepts into terms readily understood by executives, senior management, and other personnel.
- Be a practical decision maker who integrates quickly into Partnership and corporate cultures.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: