MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Scottsdale, AZ.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
Boise, ID—The remote RPG Programmer / Analyst will report to the Software Development Manager and will work with a team Software Engineers and Database Administrators to design, create and implement RPG Software Solutions on the IBM i Series. This is a hands-on position that requires the Programmer / Analyst to be a key player in the software development lifecycle. This person will also be responsible for developing a working knowledge of MBSI’s business model, database structures, medical billing procedures, EDI and HL-7 data structures. Applications developed in RPG will need to interface with external systems and software hosted on Windows and Linux platforms.
Essential Job Functions, non-inclusive:
Employees must be able to react to change productively, work overtime as requested or required and handle other essential functions as assigned.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders, and develop business, technical requirements, and test plans and data quality processes.
- Analyze business requirements specifications.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications.
- Write and maintain technical specifications according to functional specifications.
- Build application software in line with technical specifications.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Export Data to a SQL Data Warehouse.
- Collaborate with Development team.
- Create implementation plans and manage implementations.
- Provide application support, which includes problem research, analysis, resolution, and on-call support.
- Record/document information within our knowledge database.
- Communicate effectively with business users, sponsors and other teams.
- Function as part of an On-Call team to monitor systems and processes.
- Develop documentation of systems, policies and procedures.
- Communicate technical solutions to non-technical users.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
This position will work primarily on-site at the Meridian, Idaho location with opportunities to work from home on occasion. The office setting is an internet caf style office with seating for up to 16 people, a creative lounge and a refrigerator stocked with a variety of soda and tea. It is located within a prominent mixed-use complex offering retail, restaurant and office space and is adjacent to a large fountain, community park and fishing pond. MBSI offers the flexibility to work outside or within several common areas at the complex. The office is set up to enhance collaboration and communication and may, at times, be a little loud, but most of the time is quiet. MBSI allows employees to wear headphones and listen to music while working.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering or 10+ years of equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years’ experience or equivalent proficiency in application design and programming; must have experience with RPGIV programming on the IBM i.
- Strong working knowledge of databases, including DB2 for i.
- Extremely competent in all phases of applications systems analysis, design, and programming.
- Strong knowledge of IBM i computing.
- Experience of full software development project life cycle.
- Proven ability and extensive knowledge of IBM i, CL, RPGIV (fixed-format and free-format), and SQL.
- Experience with ASP.NET, C#.NET or comparable programming languages in.NET framework 4.5 or higher.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, developing either desktop and/or web applications.
- Relational database Experience with SQL Server 2012 2016.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough understanding iSeries platform and a command is required.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including email, FTP, Remote Desktop, Web services.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface problems. And/or usability issues.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to identify problems, collects and analyzes relevant and adequate facts, and applies good judgment to solve problems and arrive at sound conclusions.
What We Offer Our Most Valuable Asset, Our Employees: We offer the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry while enjoying an amazing benefits package and work environment.
- Competitive benefits package: Multiple health plan options or reimbursement for non-coverage, exceptional 401k plan (that includes a very generous company match), 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, discount on fitness centers and more.
A Culture of Caring: Friendly, caring, business casual environment. Opportunities to learn or develop your skills.
- Our Philosophy: MBSI Cares
> C—Client Centered
> A—Adapt as a Team
> S—Supportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK! MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: