MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Scottsdale, AZ.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
The Senior Systems/DevOps Administrator will report to the Software Development Manager and leads the effort to specify, order, deploy, configure and maintain critical infrastructure that supports internally developed applications. This is a hands-on Senior Level Technical position and requires expertise with Linux, Windows, vSphere, and other related technologies to reach high levels of stability, maintainability, performance, and security This position will need to communicate and coordinate with external teams such as System Operations, Help Desk, Security and Compliance, and infrastructure and DBA teams on behalf of development. In the event of downtime, this position will be required to perform critical systems operations to return systems to a stable condition.
Essential Job Functions, non-inclusive:
Employees must be able to react to change productively, work overtime as requested or required and handle other essential functions as assigned.
- Determine current and future hardware requirements needed to support internally developed applications.
- Create server build specifications and make recommendations to the Software Development Manager for purchase. Maintain an annual budget and Total Cost of Ownership for systems used by development.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain physical and virtual servers. This includes all operating system configuration and maintenance, hypervisors, services, deployment packages, backup and recovery, and storage.
- Create and maintain a sterile production environment compliant with all relevant federal and state regulations, and company policy.
- Perform quarterly disaster recovery tests and work to ensure that remediation is carried out for each failure.
- Conduct post-mortem meetings on each production failure of internally developed applications and ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner. Use this process to ensure that system availability is uncompromised.
- Configure, maintain and actively monitor all production systems or system dependencies.
- Function as part of an on-call team to monitor systems and processes
- Develop documentation of systems, policies and procedures.
This position will work primarily on-site at the Meridian, Idaho location with opportunities to work from home on occasion. The office setting is an internet café style office with seating for up to 16 people, a creative lounge and a refrigerator stocked with a variety of soda and tea. It is located within a prominent mixed-use complex offering retail, restaurant and office space and is adjacent to a large fountain, community park and fishing pond. MBSI offers the flexibility to work outside or within several common areas at the complex. The office is set up to enhance collaboration and communication and may, at times, be a little loud, but most of the time is quiet. MBSI allows employees to wear headphones and listen to music while working.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering or 10+ years of equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience configuration and maintenance of Linux-based Operating Systems in a complex production environment.
- 8+ years of experience configuration and maintenance of Windows-based servers in a complex production environment- 2012 or later.
- 5+ years of experience configuring and administering VMWare vSphere including ESX, ESXi, vCenter, vSphere Web Access, VMFS, vMotion, and HA.
- 5+ years of experience using Powershell in a complex server environment including Desired State Configuration and Powershell Remoting.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including email, FTP, Remote Desktop, Web services.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to identify problems, collects and analyzes relevant and adequate facts, and applies good judgment to solve problems and arrive at sound conclusions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator or Red Hat Certified Engineer.
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation.
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management.
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Platform-as-a-Service.
- Microsoft Windows Server Certifications (MCSA / MCSE).
What We Offer Our Most Valuable Asset, Our Employees: We offer the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry while enjoying an amazing benefits package and work environment.
- Competitive benefits package: Multiple health plan options or reimbursement for non-coverage, exceptional 401k plan (that includes a very generous company match), 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, discount on fitness centers and more.
A Culture of Caring: Friendly, caring, business casual environment. Opportunities to learn or develop your skills.
- Our Philosophy: MBSI Cares
> C—Client Centered
> A—Adapt as a Team
> S—Supportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK! MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: