Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
We need you to use your knowledge base to help us move forward and have a strong stance on how our Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Health Information Management (HIM) projects are managed and grown. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity that will allow you to have a say in how these projects are developed and implemented.
This position is responsible for coordinating and managing health information management services across healthcare delivery systems, striving for compliance and promoting best practices and education in all areas to support strategic objectives and performance. This role ensures that processes and controls are evaluated against the organization’s internal and external information needs on an ongoing basis. The HIM Program Manager ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable regulatory compliance requirements, conducting audits, and maintaining records.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Plan and manage the development and execution of the health information management (HIM) strategy and service areas including developing departmental goals, project management, action plans, and measures of success to ensure alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Support HIM operations strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances, aligning monetary resources, and measuring and analyzing results.
- Monitor, assess and ensure effective use of cross functional resources.
- Develop and maintain computerized record management system processes.
- Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures to support patient data services in conjunction with Compliance and Information Security.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, the Joint Commission, and professional regulatory requirements, as well as all relevant compliance policies and procedures by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Audit areas of HIM risk and develop monitoring mechanisms and controls to minimize areas of organizational risk.
- Partner with senior leadership, Data, Legal, Information Security, and Compliance teams to develop process improvement plans as necessary and implement processes, technology and procedures to deliver requested outcomes.
- Oversee development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures covering the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of patient health information.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience preferred.
- Certifications (e.g., RHIA, CHDA) preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the transition to the electronic health record and core HIM functions such as document management and imaging, transcription, chart completion, release of information, and coding.
- Working knowledge of healthcare compliance, privacy and security regulations, confidentiality, laws, access and release of information practices.
- Project management and multiple stakeholder coordination.
- Significant experience or proficiency with system implementation and compliance assessment of a major EHR such as Epic or Cerner is strongly preferred.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: