Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
Perform provider enrollment processing for MedAmerica and client medical groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all aspects of provider enrollment for client medical group and individual practitioners with Medicare, Medicaid, Cal Optima, CCS, Blue Cross, Blue Shield and other payer programs as needed.
- Prepare and submit provider enrollment applications.
- Monitor submitted provider enrollment applications to ensure provider enrollment numbers are received within carrier timeliness standards. Follow-up with carriers on issues or questions related to enrollment submissions.
- Update records in Salesforce with billing numbers, contract information, mailing dates of applications, and notation of any communications or problems that require attention.
- Serve as liaison between MBSI, CEP America leadership and practitioners, and payer representatives to resolve all provider enrollment issues.
- Advise billing agents of new providers and billing numbers when obtained.
- Scan completed provider enrollment paperwork into provider files.
- Deactivate inactive providers from Medicare, Medicaid, and other plans.
- Develop professional relationships with counterparts at Medicare, Medicaid, and appropriate commercial carriers.
- Facilitate the timely enrollment of new groups and all new providers during new contract start-ups.
- Keep informed of changing regulations affecting provider enrollment.
- Update Web portal and Salesforce with provider demographic changes as requested.
Other Duties as assigned—(15%)
- Initiate discussion and implementation of department enhancing ideas. Identify problem areas for improvement. Generate and present ideas for improvement, keep up to date on changes in the provider enrollment field, attend pertinent internal and external meetings, engage in teamwork functions supporting and cooperating with team members according to best professional judgment.
- Pull documents, run provider profiles and provide support for paperwork when needed for new CEP contracts, PHO’s, IPA’s or other physician networks as required.
- Support other team projects or duties as assigned.
> Past experience and demonstrated ability with provider enrollment functions or healthcare background.
> Ability to interact effectively with practitioners, insurance representatives, internal departments, and team members.
> Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with a high degree of speed and accuracy in keyboarding.
> Strong attention to detail
> Strong time management and organization required.
> Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team.
> Associate’s Degree in related field.
> Billing or reimbursement experience desired.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: