Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
- Responsible for the delivery of nursing care within the scope of practice.
- Responsible for maintaining optimal patient flow.
- Follow physician orders
- Completes documentation in EMR
- Assists Assistant Clinic Manager/LVN with med refills/provider tasks.
- Performs standard diagnostic procedures accurately, efficiently, and with the highest quality including but not limited to: 12-lead EKG\=b, urine drug screens, Occupation Medicine per Client protocols and other clinical diagnostic studies assigned to meet the needs of the clinic.
- Performs housekeeping functions such as: changing exam room table paper, upkeep of cleanliness of the office (exam rooms, bathrooms, waiting area, front office, lab room, medical equipment)
- Responsible for day to day workflows under the direction of the Clinic Manager and Assistant Clinic Manager.
- Medication refills per protocol
- Serve as the first line of response for patient questions – respond directly to general medical questions and provide screening for questions requiring provider input to ensure that adequate information is gathered to allow providers to respond appropriately.
- Call patients with lab and test results.
- Case Management for patients that require referrals or follow up.
- Complete EDD paperwork online for MDs as requested
- Follow up with patients with abnormal test results.
- Review clinical “care consideration” documents received.
- Develop and maintain a system of “care consideration” of our primary care patients to be sure the front office schedules the patient to be seen for appropriate tests/therapies.
- Cover the front office/back office/operator as needed based on staffing/lunch and breaks and call offs.
- Monitor patient flow and assist clinically as needed based upon wait times and needs of the clinic.
- Monitor clinical skills of Back Office staff in conjunction with Assistant Clinic Manager.
- Perform clinical education training programs, as requested by Assistant Clinic Manager.
- Current LVN license
- 2-4 years’ experience in an urgent care, primary care or hospital setting.
- Solid understanding of medical insurance plans and office procedures.
- Experience with Occupational Medicine is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A flexible approach, which is necessary to prioritize multiple demands to meet deadlines.
- The ability to organize, plan and coordinate multiple tasks with a high sense of urgency and follow through.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent team building, customer service and personnel development skills.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: Whether you report to the central office in Emeryville or work remotely, MedAmerica is happy to meet you halfway with commuter benefits or home office support.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- CEP America
- Urgent Care
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: