Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The Senior Program Manager will be part of the Enterprise Architecture – Business Intelligence team working with Data and Applied Analytics and IT&S departments.
As part of the Data and Applied Analytics, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for assisting decision-makers across all areas of the enterprise by providing relevant, meaningful, reliable, timely and targeted insights through analytic and Business Intelligence initiatives. Sr. Program Manager will assist in development, implementation and deployment of systems across the MedAmerica, MBSI and CEP America user-community. The role is critical to successful application implementations, ensuring that deployments are coordinated, prioritized and appropriately delivered to users to increase efficiency of the organization and generate Return on Investments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Project manage core business process creation and improvement projects throughout the project lifecycle including cross-functional team leadership, project scoping, definition and approval, resource planning, execution, reporting, monitoring and control.
- Lead portfolio of work for the delivery of Data Science and BI initiatives across the Enterprise.
- Manage analytics tools including evangelization, training, and internal customer management.
- Perform a variety of analytical projects to include predictive modeling, forecasting, research and reporting that have a direct impact on CEP America and MedAmerica’s business.
- Facilitate product steering committees and evangelize application deployments across the organization to rapidly increase use and feedback for refinement.
- Assume ownership of all aspects of the BI portfolio, from strategy, features and user experience to operational excellence.
- Coordinate the collection of business requirements and user-stories, helping to interpret user experience and develop workflow that efficiently meets the needs of the business.
- Ensure that compliance requirements and policies are enforced at all times and are integral to system design.
- Create deployment strategies based upon prioritization of user pain points and delivery complexity. Drive the project teams accordingly.
- Partner with functional stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery, resolving roadblocks and managing escalations as required.
- Educate stakeholder team members and reinforce new processes and tools to ensure rapid deployment and user acceptance.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with third party vendors and service providers to ensure successful delivery to agreed budget.
- Analyze changing business processes; identify key insights and leverage practices and processes.
- Work directly with customers and partners to understand their needs from both a business and technical perspective.
- Manage workflow and coordination within the Data Science/BI team by working with all levels of the Enterprise, across multiple service lines and with teams responsible for data operations, product development, billing and reporting.
- With an understanding of the business, translate needs into clear requirements.
- Work with Business Intelligence and technology to drive the development and delivery of features across multiple release cycles.
- Foster a data-driven culture that empowers cross-functional partner’s success.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Decision Making Authority:
- Decision Making Authority: High: must be able to make decisions around project initiatives, strategy around research, data analysis and reporting. Ability to lead and give direction to team members.
- Signature Authority: None.
- Problem Solving: High. Complex analytical, research and project management skills required to develop project plans, database structure and implementation. A high-level of critical-thinking and the ability to analyze and validate complex data. He/she must have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues. Must be able to research materials and effectively present information in a meaningful way. Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Knowledge & Experience
- B.S. or B.A. in Health Science, Business, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 5+ years product management or product design experience, preferably working in provider-side health care industry i.e., brokers and consultants, employers, health plans, physicians groups or third party administrators.
- Experience working in third party systems and has managed third party systems, solutions and service providers.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic project management, system implementation and deployment. Solutions orientated approach and energy is needed to meet clients’ expectations.
- Demonstrated an ability to work with cross-functional leaders and/or senior management to develop and implement change management strategies associated with people, process, and technology solutions.
- Enthusiastically collaborates with co-workers to share ideas and opinions about improving processes, services and customer experience.
- Ability to motivate teams, resolve conflicts, and must be able to elevate issues as needed.
- Results-focused, proactive and self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work well in a group setting. Possess strong leadership qualities.
- Must be able to perform daily functions with little supervision.
- Demonstrated experience of working with a complex eco-system of technologies and tools.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required. Understands that the clients’ best interests are served through smooth, seamless service delivery.
- Cross-functional communication and strong people management skills are essential.
- Must possess excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate with a diverse audience of technical, non-technical and clinical constituencies.
- Good technical understanding, with the ability to translate from business speak to tech.
- Self-motivated and results-focused, with an ability to work independently and also collaboratively as a team member in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Maturity to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking appropriate guidance and input from others.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, including planning, organizing and prioritizing with keen attention to details.
- Must have strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to research and make decisions.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: