MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Boise, ID.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
This position requires a fundamental understanding of Data Acquisition principles and concepts. In the DA Coordinator role you will coordinate the acquisition of medical records and related patient information for use in both medical billing and reporting. In this position you will serve as project manager with new client startups, and client system changes. The DA Coordinator serves as the point of contact with our clients and internal groups to ensure the overall success of the data acquisition activities. Potential candidates should be detail oriented, and be able to perform some problem analysis in a growing and complex environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are key to this position.
The DA Coordinator collaborates internally and externally with trading partners to identify the most efficient method of acquiring hospital patient information. This includes a log or roster of patients treated, Patient Demographics (ADT), and Clinical Chart Documentation. The DA Coordinator also maintains data specification documentation, and updates status reports and schedules.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Employees must be able to react to change productively, travel periodically, work overtime as requested or required, and handle other essential functions as assigned.
- Coordinate the process to obtain hospital patient information.
- Work with hospitals and trading partners to implement electronic solutions when possible.
- Escalate data flow issues as needed internally and externally.
- Assure that necessary updates are completed on schedules and status reports.
- Create/maintain Data Acquisition technical data specifications.
- Collaborate with internal and external groups and departments on Data Acquisition related efforts.
- Coordinate project meetings internally and externally.
- Take over primary responsibilities for specific tasks as assigned by management.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Employees may be required to perform these functions. However, the ability to complete these duties is not essential to successful job performance.
- Occasional communications with client Medical Directors.
- Provide timely updates on relevant site issues.
- Provide input to make the data acquisition process more efficient where possible.
- Assist in the cross-training of new employees.
- Assist in fostering and maintaining positive client relations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 2 years experience in Data Acquisition or EDI, or have a strong understanding and knowledge of tasks/activities performed by Data Acquisition.
A 2 year degree or a certificate of technical training in computer science/information technology, or equivalent work experience in IT and/or Healthcare billing operations may be considered as fulfillment of this requirement.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of Data and File formats (HL7, XML, TXT, CSV, etc.).
- Experience with Hospital Health Information Systems a plus.
- Familiarity with medical billing/coding operations a plus.
- Familiarity with Data Acquisition concepts a plus.
- Basic understanding of FTP and Secure FTP a plus.
- Understand the use of data encryption.
- Ability to explain and discuss technical concepts with a non-technical audience.
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess professionalism and organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical Writing experience is a plus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Hospital Electronic Medical Record systems terminology a plus.
- Hospital Electronic Medical Record systems query tools a plus.
- Data mapping tools a plus.
- Basic understanding of HL7 Data Interface Engines, such as Mirth, or Cloverleaf a plus.
- Basic understanding of Imaging systems a plus.
- Experience in Medical Billing and Medical Billing Systems a plus.
- Understanding of HIPAA and PHI regulations and guidelines.
A—Adapt as a Team
S—Supportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK! MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Modesto, CA
- No Specialty
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: