Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will be part of the Enterprise Architecture – Data and Applied Analytics working with Business Intelligence and IT&S departments.
The role of the Sr. BI Analyst is to provide analytic support to the organization through analysis and structured evaluation of business problems. The BI Analyst works in close collaboration with CEP clinical partners, Operations, Business Development and IT, serving as the liaison between the Data and Applied Analytics / Business Intelligence Team and the Enterprise to ensure CEP America, MedAmerica and MBSI are able to fully perform analytics and business intelligence functions. This work directly supports measurement, analysis, reporting and optimization of clinical and business operations.
This person takes hands-on approach, is results oriented, and can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment. S/he will need to provide high quality work in a constantly changing environment and work effectively in a team environment, including interactions with customers, peers, clinicians, and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide analytic support to all levels of the Enterprise, across multiple service lines and business units.
- Ensure the timely and accurate generation of all reporting. Promote accuracy, consistency and standardization across the various types of reports and data sources and manage the various reporting tools.
- Develop efficiencies to consolidate, validate, automate, maintain, standardize and increase the effectiveness of reporting.
- Work with internal constituents to perform a needs assessment, understand business requirements/goals, help capture the reporting strategy, content and features.
- Participate in regular business units discovery sessions regarding data, functional requirements, content organization, process flow and report specifications.
- Develop queries for investigation of data issues or creation of new report structures for business units.
- Use knowledge of tools to create extract analysis, reports and visualizations from a wide array of data sources and tools.
- Partner with data, BI and engineering teams to establish high-level time and effort estimates based on client requirements.
- Collaborate with managers to identify project status, potential risks and issues.
- Develop processes to support measurement, analysis, reporting and optimization of clinical and business operations, analytic projects and with high-complexity and high operational, organizational and/or technical impact.
- Leverage a hypothesis driven approach to turn customer insights into actionable business and product requirements for rapid testing.
- Become an internal and external champion, evangelist and expert on a wide array of analytic, healthcare service and operations capabilities.
> B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Applied Mathematics or equivalent experience is preferred.
> Interest in working in a data driven environment and experience working in the healthcare arena, preferred.
> 4+ years proficiency with BI/data visualization and reporting tools MicroStrategy and Tableau.
> 1+ years’ administration experience with MicroStrategy and/or Tableau.
> Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to drive data driven insights across the organization.
> Understanding and experience working with SQL and T-SQL/PL-SQL.
> Experience working with SQL server/Oracle and no-SQL databases
> Understanding of Data architecture and data modelling.
> Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations, multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
> Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a cross-functional team environment.
> Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new tools, analytical methods and technical concepts.
> Proactive and self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work well in a group setting. Must be able to perform daily functions with little supervision.
> Self-motivated and results-focused, with an ability to work independently and also collaboratively as a team member in a fast paced environment.
> Ability to exercise critical thinking and decision making skills.
> Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to research and make decisions based on the day-to-day and complex problems required.
> Strong problem solving and quantitative skills with experience working with data analysis and large data sets. Demonstrated attention to detail.
> Detail oriented, organized and flexible individual able to perform multiple tasks with varying priorities under conditions requiring speed and accuracy.
- Must possess excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate with a diverse audience of technical, non-technical and clinical constituencies.
> Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
> Maturity to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking appropriate guidance and input from others.
> Ability to work flexible hours.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: