Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The Policy Writer will work collaboratively with the HR Compliance Team, HR Service Delivery Team, HR Business Partners and other divisions to develop, streamline and standardize employee policies, procedures and handbooks, ensuring they meet strategic business objectives within our Enterprise Business Operations (“EBO”) division. EBO is a new division for the company where we are restructuring Enterprise HR & Finance operational activities into a shared service model. This role is highly focused on working with internal and external stakeholders to continuously evaluate policies and process flows to drive operational efficiencies so that enterprise objectives are met. This role will have a particular focus on consistent policy creation and implementation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Policy and Procedure Writer for Enterprise Business Operations (75%)
- Advise and assist in creating or improving documentation related to enterprise policies and procedures
- Recommend and plan documentation implementation for processes that are nonexistent or incomplete relative to policies and procedures.
- Provide professional knowledge of policy/procedures methodology
- Ensure all documented policies and procedures are simple to follow and compliant with relevant regulations
- Research existing policies and procedures, analyzing needs for document creation or revision in preparation for or as result of an internal audit, and provide guidance to process owners in document development and process requirements.
- Write, edit, produce, and maintain clear and concise documentation.
- Interview subject-matter experts, attend cross-functional project meetings, and recommend documentation and process improvements for the appropriate topics.
- Manage multiple projects independently, reporting documented status to the team and manager on a regular basis.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives within the team, e.g modifications to existing processes and policies.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient, and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Governance, Training and Change Management (25%)
- Shepherd policy and procedure changes through appropriate enterprise governance processes
- Support change management and communication activities for policy implementation
- Support development and ongoing improvement to training and education for policy and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required Minimum
- Minimum 3-5 years Content Writing or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate in a technical and non-technical environment
- Human Resources generalist and Compliance experience
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
- Strategic planning experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- High level of self-motivation
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Clear focus of timelines, including the ability to manage short deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay — just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: