Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketerswe help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Technology is being modernized at a fast pace, and this is especially here at MedAmerica where we are experience significant growth. We are looking for an individual with a keen understanding of current and emerging infrastructure technologies with the ability to develop a vision and strategy that will help our business grow and succeed. As we transition from our legacy system we are looking for someone who can create solutions through leadership and example. This position reports to the Chief Data and Analytics Officer (CDAO).
- Do you have experience directing the implementation of modern, cloud-based technologies or executing migrations from legacy to modern platforms?
- Are you talented in the management and development of infrastructure engineers and architects?
- Do you think critically in terms of systems and not just technologies?
- Do you possess a desire to drive engineering excellence and evolve the engineering discipline?
- Do you enjoy partnering with business leaders to understand requirements and develop positive business outcomes?
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with a team of developers and senior individual contributors responsible for setting the architectural direction of our infrastructure and managing the lifecycle of technologies within it.
- Direct the planning, operations and availability of enterprise IT systems utilizing an ITIL-based methodology, including technology change management, configuration management and incident management ensuring metrics are in place and enforced
- Responsible for the operation of daily IT operational processes including End User Services and Technical Support (Tier 1, 2 and 3), Development Operations, Asset Management, Security Program, Infrastructure Engineering, Network Operations, Data Center Management, and Production Operations
- Planning and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement
- Provides infrastructure services vision, enables innovation and seeks to leverage technology trends that can create business value consistent with the company’s requirements and expectations
- Partners with colleagues to lead the technology infrastructure operations and execution for the enterprise, supporting a highly scalable and redundant environment
- Develops the team and mentors talent to deliver the technology management and execution capabilities of the organization.
- Experience with comprehensive technology delivery that is secure and reliable including disaster recovery architecture and operations storage area network and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures
- Continuously evaluate the current state of the operations architecture, services and security to maintain alignment with company goals and objectives
- Directs activities associated with IT change management and ensures controls are in place to protect the computing environment and services
- Owns data center management practice, maintenance and support including the corporate data center, distribution center and computing environments
- Negotiates and manages data center hosting provider’s services and associated service levels.
- Manages the relationships with major service providers including hardware, software and services
- Data architect real time data and rules based real time streaming
- Oversee advanced administration, maintenance, setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of the SAN, servers, network equipment and monitoring systems
- Oversee and coordinate IT-wide Disaster Recovery planning and testing exercises
- Provides advice and consulting to senior management and the business areas in the development, implementation, and administration of infrastructure.
- Works closely with leadership of product management, product engineering, and informatics/analytics to build and deliver software that meets operability goals
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering and/or 10+ years of industry experience required.
- Healthcare experience and MBA preferred
- CISSP, CISA, or CISM certifications preferred
- Experience with high scale, distributed applications
- Demonstrated success creating a world-class technology services organization, with exceptional team leadership and motivational skills
- 5+ years of deep experience with Infrastructure Engineering
- Experience leading and driving business-critical people, process and technology change
- Experience with leading edge practices, tools and technology, to include; Cloud computing, IaaS, Development Operations, Agile, big data analytics
- Must have strong knowledge in MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, Active Directory, VPN, and Backup administration
- Proven track record leading Data Center consolidation, upgrade and DR projects
- Experience analyzing critical infrastructure risks and implementing mitigation plans
- In depth knowledge of infrastructure and operations technology best practices, including environment controls, security systems, firewall technology, backup power systems, job automation, monitoring and alerting systems, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Experience working in a regulated environment; HIPAA and PCI experience a plus
- Operations experience including capacity planning and forecasting, risk management, including response and recover and business continuity
- Network security, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Proficient in performing security threat and risk analysis
- Demonstrated capacity for learning quickly in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maturity to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking appropriate guidance and input from others
- Ability to establish credibility with high-level management with strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to proactively communicate status and identify risks
- Minimum of three years experience as a manager with prior experience successfully managing external customer/partner relationships
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Results-focused, proactive and detail-oriented
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: Whether you report to the central office in Emeryville or work remotely, MedAmerica is happy to meet you halfway with commuter benefits or home office support.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: