Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
What We Are Searching For:
The Clinic Technician (Tech) supports the clinic care team in patient care and environmental maintenance activities within a non-licensed scope of practice. Under supervision, the Tech assists clinic staff with care of patients. You will contribute to maintaining a safe, clean, well-supplied department. The Tech also assists with phones, order entry and any other delegated tasks appropriate to the non-licensed scope of practice.
This individual must have availability Thursday through Saturday for coverage at the site.
Here’s How You Would Support MedAmerica and our Clients:
- Nursing Support functions
> Participates in rooming patients to the ED.
> Participates in receiving patients in the ED, preparing them for examination, greeting and directing patient’s family and visitors.
> Assists in orienting patients to the room.
> Responds to patient call system and emergency lights.
> Maintains adequate supplies and equipment within the patients’ rooms.
> Assures that all equipment is present and functioning.
- Splinting, Bracing, Casting
> Applies splints, braces and casts under the direction/supervision of the physician.
> Removes splints, braces and casts under the direction/supervision of the physician.
- Transport functions
> Assists with patient transport to and from x-ray.
> Assists ski patrol with bringing patients into the clinic.
- Performs other duties as assigned and delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Plans activities to optimize the use of time, setting appropriate priorities and seeking direction from the charge nurse on duty when experiencing challenges in this area.
Key Competencies / Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) OR Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Demonstrated expertise in the appropriate application of splinting materials
- Previous experience in an emergency department.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Willingness and ability to learn tasks through on the job training.
- Demonstrates self-direction and the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the principles of body mechanics.
- Ability to write legibly and spell correctly.
- Ability to write, read, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: Whether you report to the central office in Emeryville or work remotely, MedAmerica is happy to meet you halfway with commuter benefits or home office support.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Urgent Care
- Employment Status:
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: