Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
What We Are Searching For:
The Urgent Care Clinic Registration / Clerical Assistant is responsible for locating files, filing, front desk reception, and other clerical duties as assigned. Responsible for requests and subpoenas for Medical Records, retrieves files from storage as needed, answers requests for information from insurance companies and State Disability Office. This position is located in our urgent care clinic located at Northstar California Resort Clinic. This position is seasonal with part time hours.
This individual must have availability Thursday through Saturday for coverage at the site.
Here’s How You Would Support MedAmerica and our Clients:
- Maintains a neat and orderly waiting area.
- Accepts deliveries and distributes them.
- Schedules appointments.
- Mailing of all correspondence.
- Pull medical charts.
- Assists with photocopying as requested.
- Notifies proper person of needed office supplies.
- Greet all patients in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
- Answer and screen incoming phone calls, take and give messages in a timely manner.
- Process patient registration into computer screen.
- Collect co-pays, old balances and payments for services.
- Discharge patients.
- Generate appropriate bills for patient upon request.
- Filing all patient charts.
- Pre-pulling charts for all patients with following day appointments.
- File bad debts forms and other forms to be filed from the billing office.
- Labels and assembles new charts.
- Copying medical records and mailing them out.
- Responds to Medical Records Subpoena in a timely manner.
- Responds to patients, other Doctors, and client requests for Medical Records.
Key Competencies / Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer service position, or as a Medical Receptionist.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Numerical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
- Teamwork oriented, and must have initiative.
- Legible note taking with correct spelling.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: Whether you report to the central office in Emeryville or work remotely, MedAmerica is happy to meet you halfway with commuter benefits or home office support.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Urgent Care
- Employment Status:
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: