Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers—we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
What We Are Searching For:
The Urgent Care Clinic X-Ray Tech oversees all aspects of the Radiology Department including performance and quality of x-ray, supply ordering, adherence to OSHA and other regulatory body requirements as well as clinic policies and procedures, film badge maintenance, and training of new x-ray technologists. This position is located in our urgent care clinic located at Northstar California Resort Clinic. This position is seasonal from November to April with part time hours.
Here’s How You Would Support MedAmerica and our Clients:
- Execute radiologist tests
- Oversee the production of x-rays
- Maintain accurate record of all x-ray films to include appropriate log entries, x-ray documentation for jackets and accurate filing of films.
- Follows up on physician/radiologist interpretations of films on daily basis.
- Maintain effective and efficient inventory of x-ray administrative and clinical supplies.
- Ensures calibration and maintenance of all x-ray equipment.
- Update x-ray control panel techniques as needed.
- Plans for and ensures the coordination of normal start up and shut down procedures of the x-ray department
Patient preparation responsibilities as needed (training will be provided):
- Triage, vital, and room patients
- Facilitate patient flow and insuring smooth running of the back office.
- Prepare patients for physician evaluation.
- Assist physician in evaluation and treatment of the patient.
- Administer medications/injections under supervision of the physician.
- Perform ordered procedures, EKG, injections, tray set-ups, assist physician as needed.
- Dispense medications.
- Have knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding of nurse procedures.
Key Competencies / Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in a hospital or physician’s office setting performing diagnostic radiology.
- Prior employment in private physician’s office or group practice setting.
- 1-3 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant, Certified or Registered Medical Assistant, a plus.
- CRT certification required, with AART preferred.
- CPR certificate required.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: Whether you report to the central office in Emeryville or work remotely, MedAmerica is happy to meet you halfway with commuter benefits or home office support.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Urgent Care
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: