Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today’s complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketerswe help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you’ll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You’ll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you’ll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
Oversees the development of strategic planning, management and completion of RFPs/proposals, presentations and content creation for all services lines. Assist in the development of a library of innovative, persuasive, compelling and client-centric RFP responses that reflect the corporation’s differentiators and value proposition. In addition, Sr. Proposal Developer will be responsible for managing variety of departmental projects as well as mentoring proposal developers. Work with internal customers and clients to develop project scope of work and project plans. Uses project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements, define project deliverables, provide customer satisfaction and insure quality of projects. Ensures effective communications and relationships between internal customers, clients and project team members are maintained.
Here’s How You Would Support MedAmerica and our Clients:
The Sr. Proposal Developer will work under the direction of Proposal Manager and in concert with the Business Development Team to manage various projects to support the growth of CEP America. The Sr. Proposal Developer will develop and create content for RFPs, proposals, presentations and work in conjunction with Business Development and Marketing Teams on new creative content pieces.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile:
RFP/Proposal and Content Development (50%)
- Directs proposal developers on strategy, custom content needs for each RFP as well as content for our proposal library.
- Review requests for proposal, or RFP, document and other background material provided by the Business Development Team and Marketing Team members submitting the proposal.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Prepare a list of questions for the team and a list of information or material needed to help create the proposal.
- Participate in strategy meetings with the team to fully understand the purpose of the proposal, the requirements and expectations of the client and the team, and the subject matter of the document, when needed.
- Maintains quality results by using/creating templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, performance metrics, implementation, writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Draft original content and provide substantive edits based on Company-wide style and brand guidelines and approved sources of information.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring data; coordinating requirements with contributors.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers/stakeholders.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Contributing to the database of responses, ensuring CEP’s brand promise, positioning, key messages and product benefits are clear, up-to-date and in line with corporate goals.
- Leading the subject matter experts and team members to maintain and continually enhance the answers in the proposal database.
- Monitoring workflow in Salesforce (CRM) to ensure the request process is being consistently followed by all parties involved.
- Build compelling persuasive responses that leverage the CEP value proposition and differentiators.
Communications & Business Development (30%)
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure consistency of CEP’s messaging and value proposition.
- Develop relationships and work closely with client physician leaders for strategic business development and communications planning.
- Work with our marketing team and other key team members to understand sales communication requirements and to ensure the sales team has the supporting information they need.
- Work with operations team to identify new programs, communicate new developments with business team and translate into content/proposals.
- Oversee the development of strategic planning for all communications and content creation.
Project Management (20%)
- Maintain clear communication with team on proposal-development progress, including outstanding items required for timely completion.
- Acts as a pursuit material and quality control reviewer for proposals; provide project management support and strategic input to teams and other stakeholders to support creation of high impact proposals focused on prospect needs.
- Create preliminary proposal template to review with the team to ensure all proposals are written in a consistent format and completed according to the RFP instructions, CEP and MedAmerica company-wide strategy and communication guidelines.
- Assist with design and Implementation of new proposal/content data base.
- Triage department requests, develop and manage project plans from inception to successful execution within project deadlines.
- Identify project requirements and explore solutions that clearly fit business and user goals under the company’s brand framework.
- Create and present project recommendations to internal and external clients.
- Manage relationships with a variety of MA departments, client executives, vendors, etc.
- Keep all concerned informed on the current status of projects in progress including scheduling status meetings, work in progress meetings on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or equivalent with 3 to 5 years developing proposals/RFPS and project management experience within healthcare industry or related verticals.
- Strong ability to network within healthcare industry and to establish credibility with high-level management with strong negotiating and influential skills.
- Ability to effectively partner with and engage internal sales resources as well as liaise with external partners.
- Demonstrable understanding of and experience in project management and business development processes.
- Self-motivated, quick learner and ability to work independently and also collaboratively as a team member in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent writing, research and analysis, editing, project management, verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented, organized and flexible individual able to perform multiple tasks with varying priorities under conditions requiring speed and accuracy.
- Maturity to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking appropriate guidance and input from others.
- Working knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite (at a minimum working knowledge using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Technologically sound; familiar with business development and sales tools and database management.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That’s why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you’ve never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Emeryville, CA
- Administrative Medicine
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: