Why MBSI? MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Boise, ID.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
Processes client medical records to achieve prompt and accurate reimbursement. Performs accounts receivable follow up and responds to patient inquires. All communications are conducted in a manner consistent with positive customer relations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: include the following. Employees must be able to react to change productively, work overtime as requested or required and handle other essential functions as assigned.
- Performs data entry.
- Responsible for billing insurance claims in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contacts insurance companies and patients regarding outstanding accounts.
- Performs pre-verifications with insurance companies to determine where to send claim, via the phone or by running on-line eligibility.
- Determines and assigns financial classification (mini-coding).
- Receives patient calls and resolves them in a professional manner leaving the caller with a positive impression of MBSI. All documentation of patient interactions must be in a concise and professional manner.
- Re-processes denied claims and appeals underpaid claims.
- Reviews Accounts Receivable and Collection Write-Off Reports to determine and take appropriate action on accounts, i.e., set up payment plan or refer account to collection agency.
- Must utilize critical thinking skills to determine if payer is in violation of contract terms or legal obligation to pay.
- May be expected to research payments on patient accounts following appropriate payment posting procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned including but not limited to pulling documents from filing cabinets or boxes, photocopying documents and logging and attaching of documents.
Our ideal Candidate profile:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass the data entry skill assessment test of 6,000 KPH at 95% accuracy.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform 10-key by touch.
- Must have confidence and ability to make collection calls.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast pace and high production environment.
- Work performed must meet or exceed quality and productivity standards.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments when there are: changes in workload, changes in assignment, pressure of deadlines, competing priorities, and heavy workloads.
What We Offer Our Most Valuable Asset, Our Employees:
We offer the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry while enjoying an amazing benefits package and work environment.
- Competitive benefits package: Multiple health plan options or reimbursement for non-coverage, exceptional 401k plan (that includes a very generous company match), 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, discount on fitness centers and more.
- A Culture of Caring: Friendly, caring, business casual environment. Opportunities to learn or develop your skills.
- Our Philosophy: MBSI Cares
> CClient Centered
> AAdapt as a Team
> SSupportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Ontario, CA
- No Specialty
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: