San Jose area: This position will be part-time from 12/18/17 to 12/31/17 and will be full-time after 1/2/18.
MBSI is one of the top employers of Stanislaus County providing medical billing, coding, and reimbursement services along with various reports to MedAmerica a leading healthcare price management organization. MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI has continued to expand and now has 2 additional locations including an office in Ontario, CA as well as Boise, ID.
MBSI has adapted to the ever-changing medical billing environment, modifying and adding to its services to proactively meet the needs of its clients. A focus on physician and employee education coupled with advanced IT capabilities has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party
Collect, analyze, photocopy or scan, collate, sort and package all necessary medical records for physical delivery to MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. If scanning location, must scan and electronically transfer information to MBSI on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Employees must be able to react to change productively, work overtime as requested or required, and handle other essential functions as assigned.
- Collates and collects all necessary anesthetic documents for operating room, OB department and ancillary locations which comprise the patient record, i.e. demographics (face sheet), dictation, anesthetic record and quality templates, as requested on the side WIP and TAD lists.
- Analyzes WIP and TAD requests for physician completion. Adds notes as necessary. Communicates with anesthesia providers and MBSI personnel to reconcile all documentation requests.
- Sends charts and/or documents to MBSI in a timely fashion.
- Verifies that MBSI receives appropriate documentation for every registered patient on daily schedules.
- Any other miscellaneous billing duties assigned by the MBSI supervisor (i.e., photocopying, faxing, completing forms, answering questions from supervisors, etc.).
- Acts as a liaison between CEP Practice Administrator, Billing Service, and hospital staff. Must aggressively, yet tactfully request missing information and problem solve regarding search methods.
- Collect, analyze, photocopy or scan, collate, sort and package all necessary medical records for physical delivery to MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. If scanning location, must scan and electronically transfer information to MBSI on a daily basis.
- Travel 25% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with health care professionals.
- Self-directed, motivated and sensitive to deadlines.
- Basic Computer skills: Excel, Microsoft Word, Email capabilities.
- Basic Office Machine Proficiency: Fax machine, copier, phones, miscellaneous other machines which could include scanner, and other computer operations.
- Medical terminology and computer literacy a must.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET, OUR EMPLOYEES:
We offer the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry while enjoying an amazing benefits package and work environment.
A Culture of Caring: Friendly, caring, business casual environment. Opportunities to learn or develop your skills.
Our Philosophy: MBSI Cares
C Client Centered
A Adapt as a Team
S—Supportive of Each Other
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company Name:
- CEP America
- Modesto, CA
- No Specialty
- Employment Status:
- Permanent Full-Time
- State License Requirement:
- Date Posted: